The essentials of drinking water 

Water makes up between 50% and 70% of your body weight and is the primary chemical in your body. In short, your body needs water to function normally.

water percent

For instance, water helps eliminate waste via urinating, sweating, and bowel motions. It stabilizes your body's temperature and acts as a lubricant for your joints, providing a protective barrier around organs such as the brain, spinal cord, and fetus during pregnancy.

When you are dehydrated, what will happen is the body cannot perform normal processes. Even slight dehydration can lead to fatigue and exhaustion. Moreover, dehydration can result in dry and flaky skin, also decreased elasticity, making it more prone to wrinkles and signs of aging.

How much water do you need?

It's important to note that each person's water needs might change depending on their age, sex, activity level, and environmental circumstances. Despite the widespread use of the "8 glasses a day" guideline, not everyone can follow that rule. The daily water intake should depend on many factors, including your health, how active you are, and where you live.

Related: What happens when you drink 8 glasses of water a day, every day?

Keeping an eye on the color of your urine can also give you a clue as to how well-hydrated you are, as a light yellow tint is the best indication. According to the U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Havard University, and Medicine, they recommend water you need a day:

Men need about 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of hydration every day. And women should drink around 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) of liquids every day.

These suggestions have already included fluids from food, drinks, and water. Typically, food accounts for around 20% of daily fluid consumption, and beverages for the remaining 80%.

Is drinking water the only way to keep hydrated?

No. You don't have to fill all of your fluid need with water. A sizeable percentage is also provided by what you consume. For instance, some fruits and vegetables, such as watermelon and spinach, are entirely composed of water.

In addition, water makes up the majority of liquids, including milk, juice, and herbal teas. Even caffeinated beverages, like soda and coffee, can help you meet your daily water requirements. Avoid sugar-sweetened beverages, though. Soda, energy drinks, sports drinks, and other sweet beverages frequently include a lot of added sugar, which might result in a calorie excess.

How do I keep up with the water intake?

Keeping a large water container, such as a 40oz tumbler, can be a convenient strategy to stay hydrated without constant counting or monitoring. So then, you only need to refill it twice a day to meet your water intake goals.

Keeping a bottle or tumbler by your side also serves as a visual reminder to drink water regularly. It eliminates the hassle of constantly refilling smaller glasses or bottles and makes it easier to track your water consumption. With a 40oz tumbler, you can easily measure and keep track of your daily water intake.

Wellness 40oz tumbler Four Leaf
FourLeaf Trustymate 40Oz Tumbler

By simplifying the process, you can establish a routine where you aim to finish your tumbler twice throughout the day. For example, you could have one tumbler in the morning and another in the afternoon, ensuring you reach your hydration target. This approach minimizes the need to measure and count individual glasses, making it more convenient and manageable.

Get the FourLeaf Wellness 40oz Tumber

Is it possible to consume too much water?

Yes, too much of anything is never good. Although healthy adults rarely have a problem with drinking too much water. Occasionally, athletes may overhydrate themselves when engaging in prolonged or strenuous activity. Your kidneys cannot eliminate extra water when you consume too much water. Your blood's sodium concentration dilutes. This condition is known as hyponatremia, and it may be fatal. 

We suggest drinking water when you feel thirsty; drinking before, during, and after workouts; and with each meal or between meals.

June 06, 2023 — Four Leaf

Leave a comment